Thursday, September 30, 2010

TF2's Mann-conomy Update



Most of the chatter surrounding Team Fortress 2's latest update lead me to believe that Valve had ruined the game with yet another layer on top of the chance-based item drop system. Upon reviewing the updates, though, I realized that the internet is full of babies. Honestly, if sitting in achievement_idle with your golden wrenches and miner's light until the end of time makes you "hardcore," then I'll pride myself on being a casual gamer.

The Mann-conomy Update ostensibly removes much of the chance involved in attaining your favorite hat. The medic's mask is finally within reach! From what I read, it seems like there will be a method for buying items with real-life cash (which I can't necessarily get behind), and a system for trading with other players (which should have been implemented on day one). I think that the idea of stopping into a trading server and exchanging my hats like baseball cards is kind of cool.


Whether or not you're excited for this update, it should be recognized that the continued support of this twenty-dollar game three years into its life cycle is quite he altruistic endeavor. Thanks, Valve, for your efforts.

6 comments:

  1. I dont think im ready for this update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. removes the chance involved in attaining your favorite hat..... believable

    ReplyDelete
  3. i never really played this until i got the orange box a couple months ago. not extremely impressed tbh

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's official, bobby kotick paved the way for all developers by showing you can be greedy and get away with it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the pricing in the cash shop is too high.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh hello kind sir, have me met yet? =)

    smoochies n' poopies! :*

    ReplyDelete